OFFICE OF THE ACADEMIC REGISTRAR
(+256) 414 533332
Office: Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00
Phone: Mon-Fri 8:00-4:30
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course will enable students to:
1. Adopt strategies that help them: generate and focus ideas, organize, draft, articulate, and revise their research writing, and express their research interests fluently in their own voice.
2. Understand and utilize the format and conventions of scholarly discourse (APA style);
3. To understand that the activities of formal research methods are things we all already do in our daily lives...in other words, to demythologize them.
4. To understand WHAT social research is all about and what it is dependent upon.
5. To understand that social research and its procedures are social constructions susceptible to analysis and critique...all are based on assumptions and premises which need to be examined.
6. To understand the relationship between method and theory and to grasp their interrelatedness and commonalities.